Friday, May 13, 2005

Parole Update

Well, Virginia and the X Man have been gone for over a month now. When they left, I had certain plans of things I wanted to accomplish while I was a "geographical bachelor". Let's look back and see how I'm doing so far...

So far, I've done two Venice Pub Crawls. Both went very well. I also did a weekend in Bologna sampling some of the best cuisine Italy has to offer. And of course, last weekend was the trip to Amsterdam. Tomorrow morning, I shall hit the Autostrada for a weekend in Switzerland to visit some friends and tour Lausanne and hopefully Geneva as well. This will accomplish the "road trip" portion of my plans and check off two more European cities that I've always wanted to see. Next weekend I have tentative plans for Rome. Of course, when you live life one weekend to the next, things could change very quickly. I never know where I may end up at any given time.

As far as Virginia and the X Man, they're having a lot of fun with Virginia's family in the Philippines right now. Her parents want her to leave the X Man there when she leaves, they just can't get enough of this kid. They'll go back to Hong Kong next week sometime, then they'll be returning to Italy on May 31st. And not a minute too soon, it's pretty tough here without her. The house is an absolute mess, I'm getting fat from all this take out pizza, the plants are all dead...oh yeah, and there's that "other thing" too...

I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.


Rik

2 comments:

Jo Travels said...

Your road trip schedule is right on target. Good job.

Have fun in the Swiss quarters Rik. Btw, I nagged (not my strongest point) Dutchman that we should have visited Berlin this weekend since Monday here is a holiday. Oh well...

Anonymous said...

Virginia can't leave 'Baggigno' in the Philippines...no way!!