Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Two More Days...

This coming Friday is a day I have been looking forward to for a looooong time. As everyone outside the US knows, Friday is the day they will conduct the draw for World Cup 2006, which takes place in Germany next summer. The World Cup is of course the biggest sporting event in the world (yes America, bigger than the Superbowl). Every four years my life basically comes to a halt for a month as the pinnacle of International Football dominates all.



BTW, a couple friends of mine and I have been trying desperately to acquire tickets but it's next to impossible. If anyone knows where we might do so, PLEASE let me know. Short of having sex with farm animals or handing over my first born son, there isn't much I wouldn't do for tickets...

2 comments:

Ed said...

A quick google search shows a lot of places with tickets for sale but for me, I am not willing to mortgage my house to afford them. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I never liked soccer, I don't know why. When I was in Brazil people were crazy about it down there and I never gave a damn.