Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Il Naso Rosso?

So last night Agnese brought the X Man back down and came in to say hello for a bit. I showed her the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer DVD and asked her if she knew it. She seemed puzzled and said no.


Rudolfo, Il Renna di Naso Rosso?


So I did my best to explain the story in Italian to her and she said no, she'd never heard of it.I was flabbergasted. Flummoxed even. Do they not know the story of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in Italy?

So now I'm curious (it's my nature). Do children in Italy have the same Christmas stories and characters as in the US? How about Frosty the Snowman - does he frolic through the village with a broomstick in his hand in the hearts and minds of children only in America, or do Italian children also say he could laugh and play, just the same as you and me?

I'm going to have to investigate this further. Until then, if there any Italians reading this, please feel free to weigh in...

2 comments:

sarainitaly said...

My husband didn't know any of those stories. My mom sent me a set of DVDs (from Costco) that has Rudolph, Frosty, Little Drummer Boy and Santa Clause is coming to Town. We watch them every year now. My husband loves them. it is really quite funny to hear him (with his italian accent) singing the songs. haha We are specially fond of Ernie the misfit dentist. haha

Rik said...

Too bad you didn't get "The Year Without Santa Claus" - then you could have introduced your husband to Cold Miser and Heat Miser!