* I'm so glad the weekend is just about here. I need a couple days off.
* I fell in the river last week while fishing. Trying to get out to a good spot, stepped on a rock, it rolled...and in I went. It must have been quite a funny sight to see.
* Last night I was looking at my senior yearbook from high school. Ah, the memories that came flooding back. I still don't understand how Melissa Parra and Tom Cloos were voted "Best Looking". And I noticed Jen Lavoie's picture. She posed for Playboy a few years after high school (albeit with surgically enhanced...assets). That means I once sat next to a Playboy centerfold in study hall. I rock.
* I finally bought an AFN decoder yesterday so now I'll be able to get no less than 6 American channels at home. A movie channel. A news channel. And the coup de grace, an all sports channel. Never again will I be without the Red Sox score when I wake up.
* Right now I'm watching the TV series "Freaks & Geeks" on DVD. I'm enjoying it so far. But I still haven't found anything to fill the void left when I finished "The Office" a few months ago. I wonder when season 5 of Seinfeld is coming out. And are they ever going to release "Ally McBeal" on DVD?! Bygones...
* On a Julian Date calendar, today's date is 210.
* The X Man has become quite a celebrity around town. Seems everywhere we go, people know him and want to play with him. Many Italians tell us that they can't believe how cute he is. Everytime some music comes on TV, he runs to the TV and starts doing a dance that just has to be seen to be believed. Everyday he does at least two things that make me laugh out loud.
* I'm still thinking about getting some new ink. Just haven't quite made up my mind about what I want.
* The funniest thing I've seen lately happened up at the river last weekend while I was fishing with my Italian friend Fausto. Some annoying kid kept yelling at us and asking how many fish we had caught. Fausto got so annoyed that he stuck out his middle finger at the kid and yelled "Una solo" which means "Only one". I laughed so hard I almost fell in the river (again).
* I think my favorite album title of all time might be "Dookie".
* I love that "Crazy Frog" song that was popular up in Britain. I think I'll try to find the CD down here if I can. It's very catchy. And I still hate Coldplay.
* LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT!
* Right now, the two hottest women in the world in my eyes are both named Jessica; Jessica Alba and Jessica Simpson. Coincidence? I think not.
Have a great weekend, see you on Monday (If I don't fall in the river again...).