Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Olympic Torch Comes To Vicenza

As I write this, the Olympic Torch is passing through Vicenza. In fact, it actually passed right in front of the base. I have to miss it due to work but a colleague who passed through downtown said it is an absolute mob scene so it's probably just as well.

Next up is Padova, then Venice, then eventually on to Torino where the official Olympic Flame will be lit.

(And in case you're wondering...no, I will not be attending any Olympic events. But I will be watching on TV. The Olympics are a pretty big deal over here.)

1 comment:

sarainitaly said...

I wonder if it will pass through my 'hood?!?! I am not sure if we are going to go either... I am kind of *over* the crowded events.

I am still waiting for it to snow today. The newsreporters said snow, but there is not snow.