Monday, January 23, 2006

Italians are bad drivers. Especially when they're drunk.

So yesterday afternoon we went down to the Bar da Sylvia. I often go there on weekends when I have nothing to because it's relaxing and there's not many things better than relaxing in the local bar with a glass of vino and soccer on the TV. The wife and kid decided to join me also just to get out of the house. I usually park in the parking lot across the street from Sylvia's bar because it's bigger and easier to get in and out of. But the spot right in front of the bar was open and I figured what the heck and took it.

We were in the bar not more than 10 minutes when Sylvia came over and asked me if that was my car in front. Now, when someone asks you if that's your car out front...that is not a good sign. Sure enough, some idiot had backed into it. I could not believe it. How the hell do you back into a parked car?! I went out and made my way through the crowd that had gathered and surveyed the damage. He hit it pretty hard, but something looked strange. It's hard to describe, but it looked like his rear bumper was sort of wrapped around mine. He seemed unable to move his car forward so he put it in neutral and Dorino (Syvia's dad) got in and did it for him. To my astonishment, there was not a scratch on my car. Apparently his rear bumper was made out of some kind of rubber so when his car went forward, it just popped right back into shape. And didn't leave a single mark on mine. Phew.

Later I asked Dorino what the heck happened and he told me the guy was drunk and wasn't watching what he was doing. Moron. I think I'll park in the parking lot across the street from the bar from now on.

No comments: