Monday, February 04, 2008

Super disappointment.

Well, my New England Patriots couldn't do it. They could win 18 in a row but could not win the last game, the only one that counted.

Believe it or not, I'm not as depressed as I thought I would be. This season has been one of the least enjoyable ones that I can remember due to all the spygate nonsense (and it is nonsense) and having to listen to everyone and their brother talk about how the Patriots and Bill Belichick are true evil incarnate. It's almost a relief that it's over, although I really wanted to see them pull off 19-0 just to stick it to all their critics. In the end though, they just could not get it done. Credit the Giants who played a near perfect defensive game and did just enough to pull off the upset.

As disappointments go, this one hurts but still not as bad as the Red Sox colossal collapses in Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS to the Yankees or, of course, 1986. I'd list my top 5 sports disappointments in this order:

1. 2003 Red Sox, Game 7 vs. Yankees
2. 1986 Red Sox, Game 6 vs. Mets
3. 2007 Patriots, Superbowl vs. Giants
4. 1987 Patriots, AFC Championship vs. Colts
5. 2005 Notre Dame vs. USC

Thankfully, as Gino reminded me earlier today...21 more days until pitchers and catchers report...GO SOX!!!!!!!!

No comments: