Friday, February 10, 2006

So we might be moving to Hawaii...

As you know from an earlier post, my job situation is sort of up in the air right now. My contract is getting cancelled no later than June. My job will continue but as a Government Service job rather than a contract position. I've put in for it and I've made the initial referral list. However, it's been almost 3 weeks now and I still have not heard anything so the past couple days I've started looking at other jobs just in case this one does not come through. Yesterday I noticed that my company has an opening in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. It seemed like something I was sort of qualified for so I emailed the recruiter who was handling it and attached my resume.

Long story short, he called last night and told me that I was definitely qualified and asked if I was interested and when I'd be available. He also said that the position had been open for a while and they were anxious to fill it. All of this adds up to this being a potentially good opportunity.

Of course, my preference is to stay here. Yes, I love Italy that much. But I don't know how long the committee here will take to make their decision about my position and if it doesn't work out, at least I know I've got other options. And let's face it, Hawaii is one hell of an option...

2 comments:

Ed Abbey said...

Another guarantee about the government, they move slow.

Wish you luck.

Dutched Pinay on Expatriation said...

If they don't come with the decision in Italy fast, then Hawaii indeed is a great option.

Wish you good speed!