* Spent all night - and I mean all night - puking on Thursday, called in sick on Friday and today is the first day that I feel 100%. Apparently, there's a bug going around here and many others are suffering the same fate. Pray that you don't get it, it was one of the WORST experiences I've ever gone through.
* I caught the first half of the Italy - Scotland World Cup qualifier on Saturday and that's the best that Italy has looked in a long time. I like the new Cassano-Gilardino-Totti triangle, but I think Andrea Pirlo might turn out to be the best of the bunch.
* I bought the new "Daft Punk" CD today during lunch. At first listen, it sounds similar to most of the others so I don't think I'll be disappointed.
* WHEN is the next Seinfeld DVD coming out?! It'd better hurry up or I might start convulsing. I've been wearing the 3rd season out and I NEED season 4! Luckily I have Curb Your Enthusiasm to pacify me somewhat. Speaking of which, the "Krazee Eyes Killa" episode has got to be one of the funniest of the whole series...
* Today is the day I start doing my cardio work in hopes of losing the 10 pounds I've put on in the last year. Most people tell me that 10 pounds is nothing for me, but when you consider what I used to look like just 3 short years ago, it's pretty significant, at least to me. The weights have been going ok, but the cardio will suck. Virginia is trying to get me to do Pilates, but I don't know, it seems kind of girly to me.
* You know what word I love? Caveat. I try to sneak it into a conversation whenever I can.
* Best quote I've heard lately: "Dreams and real life are actually the same book; real life is when you read the whole thing in order and dreams are when you just skim through".
* The X Man has a new thing that is driving Virginia crazy - he loves to go into our room, open the bottom dresser drawer, and take out all her underwear. He'll walk around the house holding a couple pairs and the rest will be piled on the bedroom floor. Strange child.
* The smallest check I ever wrote was for $1.25. I was in college and had the munchies but had no cash. So I broke out the checkbook and wrote a personal check for a thing of Ben & Jerry's "Chunky Monkey".
* The other day someone asked me the age old question, "if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?". Now as a certified "guy", I know I'm not supposed to answer such asinine questions, but if I could I guess I'd make myself a little taller. 5'8 is average, but I'd love to be 6 feet tall.
* I've been thinking about getting some new ink lately, but I think the two small tats I have now will probably be it. I'd like to get an "X" somewhere in honor of the X Man, but if we have more kids, that means more ink. Next thing you know, I'll be looking like Henry Rollins. Not that there's anything wrong with that...