Saturday, December 06, 2008

10 random facts you probably didn't know about me.

1. I grew up in New Hampshire but have never downhill skied in my life.

2. My favorite color is blue.

3. I've never eaten at a Wendy's.

4. I once stole a t-shirt at the mall in college but I felt so guilty that I went back a few months later and paid the owner for it.

5. I think sandwiches are the perfect food.

6. I'm secretly addicted to my son's online Spongebob Squarepants game.

7. I've never broken any bones.

8. I once burned an entire forest down when I was a kid.

9. I peaked in 2001.

10. I've never eaten the worm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never done the worm...does that count?
Steve-O

Hey, when are you gonna post some pix of the new digs...I can't wait to see what my vacation home looks like!

Rik said...

Steve-O, we have the inspection this Wednesday and then we don't move in until the 19th (freaking German moving company said that's the earliest they could deliver our stuff), so it might be a couple more weeks. I'll try to get some this Wednesday and post shortly after...

nikki said...

Ok really you can't burn down a forest and not tell the story. While your sorry ass is complaining about living in a hotel - I want details...
PS I admire the avoidance of Wendy's

Rik said...

Well Nik, there's not much to tell. I think I was about 6 or 7, my best friend Joel Miller's mother was a smoker and kept a big jar of matches on top of their fridge. So one day I convinced Joel sister Tracy into taking a pack so we could play with them. Me and a bunch of my friends went to the sand pit across the street and started little fires and then put them out by throwing sand on them. After a while that got a little boring so I kept saying "let it get bigger! let it get bigger!". Eventually one got so big that we could not put it out and it caught a nearby tree. I ran home and told my mother and she called the fire department but it was too late, pretty much the whole forest was alight by the time they got there. Joel was forbidden by his mother to ever see me again. My punishment? Washing windows for a week.

Anonymous said...

Geez Rik, I hope you learned your lesson...so, did you use newspaper and windex for a streak-free shine?