Saturday, January 05, 2008

A Very Gino Christmas

[Editor's Note: Gino sent this to me over the holidays but since I wasn't at work I didn't get it in time to post it. It is in response to my "Ghost of Christmas Past" post on December 23rd. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.]

It isn’t often that I think about Christmas past, but Rik’s last blog entry started me thinking about what is great about Bon Natale.

My greatest gift was as a 9 year old I received a Red Ryder BB gun. It was carbine action that held 650 rounds, had the leather saddle strap attached, and the burned in image of the Red Ryder with his lasso in hand on the stock. It remained my favorite gift for 35 years.

Christmas Eve ‘07 I watched from my rocking chair as my son Jake opened his very own Red Ryder BB gun. It hangs by the backdoor, every time he leaves the house it is in his hand. Our homestead is now safe from cattle rustlers, storm troopers, and all around “bad guys”.

My favorite gift is still the Red Ryder, only now it’s in the hands of my son.

Thanks Pardner!

No comments: