Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day Judy

You were forced to raise us basically by yourself mom and I know it was tough. We didn't make it any easier on you but what did we know, we were kids. I used to get upset in high school because the other kids had parents that would give them rides to and from practice and games but you were always working so I was on my own. I used to get upset in college because most of the other people there didn't have to worry about paying tuition and could concentrate on their studies and not worry about where the money would come from next semester. Only years later did I realize that you took an assembly job while I was in high school because you knew I hated sharing my life with the kids you were babysitting to make living and that's why you weren't able to give me rides to and from soccer practice. And in college, not only did you pay more than you could afford towards my tuition but you gave me a car that you could have easily sold for a couple thousand bucks that you really could have used.

I always knew when you didn't like a particular girl I was dating or when you thought I was making a big mistake with some life decision I made but you never discouraged me or had a negative word to say. You knew that I had to experience life and discover things for myself. I'd like to think that I've done a good job but sometimes I don't know.

One time after I screwed up really bad you said that you were ashamed to call me your son. I've never told you this but that hurt me more than anything anyone has ever said to me. I have so much love and respect for you and to hear you say that cut me deep. But no matter what, you will always be my mother and I love you more than anything. I know how much you have sacrificed for me, Tracy and Eric these many years and I will always be grateful.

Happy Mothers Day mom. I love you.

-Rik...your baby.

No comments: