Monday, May 18, 2009

Quick update on the Thibs...

So Grammy was here visiting last week, it was the first time she had seen Luca and she had a great time with him and Xavier. She left Saturday morning and now my father and his wife Nancy are coming to visit. They arrive tomorrow morning and will be here for about 10 days. Grammy didn't want to do any traveling, she preferred to stay at home and spend every minute with her two grandchildren so I didn't take any leave. My father and his wife, on the other hand, will be visiting us in Italy for the first time so I will be taking leave the whole time they are here as we're planning on showing them around a bit. So far I've got trips planned for Venice, Bologna, Verona, Bassano del Grappa/Marostica and a few others. My dad really likes red wine and is expecting me to introduce him to some of the best stuff while he's here so I'll be dipping into my collection and opening up a Brunello or two, perhaps even one of my prized 2003 Marchesi di Barolo's. His wife Nancy is big into photography so she will probably go crazy with all the beautiful views here. We might even have to do more than one day in Venice.

Anyway, I'll try to post pics in the coming weeks of our travels...

No comments: