Monday, February 05, 2007

I'm Back, Baby!


I've decided to come off sabbatical and start updating the blog again. With a couple of caveats - I'll update it when I feel like it and will write about whatever I feel like writing about. If you don't like it, tough. I don't know how often I'll update it but if it gets to be too much of a chore like it was before than maybe I'll just shut it down altogether.


So what have I been up to during my self-imposed exile from the blogosphere? Well, for one thing I've started writing a book, which is something I've always wanted to do. It's nothing special and I'm not planning on a second career as a writer or anything. Writing is just something I've always enjoyed and after getting a few comments from people that they enjoy my writing style I started thinking that maybe it's something I would enjoy doing as well as giving me a hobby during the winter. However I had no idea what the hell I could possibly write a book about since I'm not enough of an expert on anything to actually write an entire book about it. Then, a couple months ago, I happened to be watching the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" for the umpteenth time and it dawned on me that my story is more interesting than hers. So I figured I'd write about the past ten years of my life, about how I went from a nowhere office job to living in Europe and traveling around the world. So far I've finished the first four chapters and the fifth is coming along nicely. If I'm feeling froggy, I may even post snippets here on the blog to give you an idea of what I'm writing.


Other than the book, we've been exploring all that Heidelberg has to offer. It really is a great city and place to live. I still miss Italy incredibly but I'm enjoying Heidelberg so much that sometimes I forget how much I miss Italy. We went back down to visit Giampi and Agnese for New Years and had a great visit. We've also been lucky enough to have my brother Eric visit a couple times in the last few months. Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures from these and other adventures in the near future.
Anyway, it's good to be back and I hope everyone who used to check in is doing well.
Ciao!
Rik

No comments: